1. In March, the spring energy is getting stronger and stronger. This is the time your liver energy is starting to become most prominent. Under the Five Element theory the color of liver energy is green, just like springtime.
2. As spring becomes more prominent so does your liver energy. This is the time to make sure you are getting more green in your diet, more green foods and leafy vegetables.
3. This is also the time to put a little bit more spice in your food to help to balance and enhance that energy. Specifically, ginger root, green onions, garlic, and onions. Also, add some hot red peppers to your diet once a week – if you feel you can handle them. They will be good for your protection and for your immune system.
4. Hot red pepper can also help to detoxify, heal flu and help the digestive system. If you don’t eat hot red peppers then have more green onion, ginger root, and garlic. Adding at least a little green onion, ginger root and garlic to your food every day is a very healthy thing to do. Definitely, I would encourage you to use green onion and ginger root as often as possible, even just a little bit can help a lot.
Green onion and ginger root help balance the lung energy, the digestive system, and help prevent colds and flu because they can really activate the lung’s energy.
5. Keeping some root vegetables in your diet, such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, turnips, carrots, any root vegetable, along with green vegetables is even better because root vegetables support the kidney energy. Kidney energy is still very strong and will be until the liver energy becomes dominant in the weeks ahead as we move fully into spring.
Recipe from Master Lin
Eggs and Chives Stir-Fry Recipe
BENEFIT: THIS IS GOOD FOR THE LIVER, EYES, GUM SORENESS, SKIN AND CRACKED LIPS. IT ALSO HELPS STRENGTHEN THE YANG ENERGY.
4 Eggs (medium to large) cracked and scrambled in a dish set aside
1 cup Mung Bean sprouts
1 part of a leek chopped into 2″ pieces
2 cups of chives chopped into 2″ pieces
1 cup of white mushrooms chopped
1 cup carrots chopped
2 tablespoons of garlic chopped
2 tablespoons of ginger chopped
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1⁄2 cup of water
Salt to taste
Warm up stir-fry pan till hot and add coconut oil .
Add garlic and ginger and stir for 1 minute.
Add white mushrooms and carrots and stir for 2 minutes.
Add chives and leek and sprouts – stir for 5-7 minutes.
Add olive oil and stir for 1 minute
Add cornstarch mixture and stir for 1 minute.
Put all of the above on a plate
Add the green onions last
Clean the pan and warm up again adding 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
When the oil is very hot add the scrambled eggs that were set aside .
Stir fry eggs until done nicely and add salt to taste .
Turn off heat and put eggs on top of the previously stir fried vegetables. Enjoy – it is ready to serve!
I would love your feedback about this blog. Please take a moment to leave your comments below. Thank you