The positioning of yin and yang energies is always flowing with one growing stronger as the other weakens. The changes in the varying strength of these two key types of energy affects the balance and harmony of our own energy. The better we adjust to these ongoing changes the stronger our own energy will be.
In December, yin energy is very strong antrongest this year on December 22nd. Yang energy has been growing weaker for months and is at its weakest on the 22nd and then starts building strength again.d builds to its s
During this month protecting your yang energy is so very important. As this relates to your physical body the key areas to protect are the top of the head, C7 in the neck, and the feet.
1. Keep your top of head, neck and bottom of feet warm. When the yang energy at the top of the head is weak and unprotected, the cold can then invade the body easier. This can cause colds, headaches and even long-lasting headaches. The C7 vertebra in the neck is the intersection between the headquarters and the rest of the body. It is a very important energy transition point. During the winter we are indoors so much more and not moving around outside as we do in spring and summer and even fall. As a result we are not getting as much exercise so when we go outside this area is weak and vulnerable. Lots of people catch colds in winter because of this. Water and kidney energy are both associated with the bottom of the feet. So
if you get cold feet that hurts the kidney energy and you are more likely to get sick. Also, when springtime comes you won’t have enough energy to grow and get the most of spring activities. Keeping your feet warm and protected is most important in winter.
2. Strengthen your legs by doing gentle air kicking exercise, one leg at a time and strengthen your knees by bending them as much as you can and standing in that position for as long as you can, 3-5 min .
This helps to strengthen weak knees and get energy flowing for liver and kidney energy and helps to detoxify.
3. Let the sun shine on your back for 10 or 20 minutes a day, if possible. That is very helpful. You don’t have to be outside to do this. You can stand in front of a window with the sun shining through. The energy you need from the sun will pass right through and into you5. In the wintertime sleep on your right side if you can. This is the most beneficial sleeping posture during winter
4. Do Some Massaging in the middle of the palm, massaging the lower back and tapping the tailbone.
5. In the wintertime sleep on your right side if you can. This is the most beneficial sleeping posture during winter
I would love your feedback about this blog. Please take a moment to leave your comments below. Thank you