Lavender is an aromatic, sweet smelling essential oil.
1. Stale smelling closet? To help reduce the stale smell of your closet, soak several cotton balls in lavender oil and place them in the closet. This will help eliminate odors from shoes, dirty clothes and leave your closet smelling fresh.
2. Homemade Room Freshener. Put baking soda and a 5-6 drops of lavender oil in a small Mason jar. Punch holes in the lid. Place in smelly areas (near garbage can, dirty clothes), shake jar often. Smile.
3. Oatmeal Face Wash. Fill a baby food jar with oatmeal, add 5 to 6 drops of lavender oil. When you are ready to wash your face, just add water and it becomes an excellent natural scrub.
4. Splinter? To easily remove a splinter, put a couple of drops on the splinter and let it swell. Splinter will be easily removed.
5. Soak away stress. Feeling anxious, stressed? Add several drops to a warm tub and soak your stress away.
6. Suffering from cold and flu? Add several drops to hot water, put a towel over your head and inhale deeply and slowly. This helps relieve cold and flu symptoms.
7. Sunburn? Lavender oil applied to minor sunburn helps reduce peeling and scarring.
6. Pet Smells No More. Add a drop or two of your baking soda and lavender mixture to carpets and vacuum up! If you have pets, help fight back odors with lavender!
9. Amazing BBQ Put a mixture of honey and garlic on chicken, then marinate in lavender and honey for a yummy bbq taste.
10. Cut relief. Lavender has disinfecting properties. Apply to cut and scrapes for relief.